Friday, August 23, 2013

{Recipe} Cake Batter Pudding Cookie Bars

I will admit, I am a cookie addict. Chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, cookie cakes, you name it, I'll probably eat it. So when I found this recipe for a cake batter pudding cookie bar (say that five times fast!), I couldn't wait to try it.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 (3.4 oz) box INSTANT vanilla pudding mix, dry
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
  • 2 cups bread flour
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup sprinkles

Directions
  1. Combine baking soda, yellow cake mix and bread flour into a bowl and set aside.
  2. Cream butter, I find it best to use a stand mixer, as the dough is reaalllly thick. Cream sugars into butter.
  3. Add dry pudding mix and mix until well incorporated. Add vanilla, almond extract and eggs to the mixture and beat well.
  4. Add flour/cake mix mixture and mix well. Add white chocolate chips and sprinkles and mix until evenly distributed.
  5. Press dough evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Note: dough will rise up, so use a deep-dished pan. 
  6. Add more sprinkles, if desired. 
  7. Bake at 350ºF for about 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Original recipe was found at Chef in Training

I recently made the cookie bars for a work potluck, and I got rave reviews, despite the odd flavor. What odd flavor?, you ask. Banana cream. 

Yes. Banana cream.

I grabbed the wrong pudding mix at Kroger. But in my defense, both boxes look the same! 

So children, always remember to read box labels before dumping them into your dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment